Monday, January 28, 2019

Paying Forward


January 28, 2019

Paying Forward

Today was our first working day. We started the day in Chapel at Maua Methodist Hospital, then fellowship during mid-morning tea with the staff.  The team was split in half, one going to the Aids Orphan Home site and the other half worked at the Hospital.

Each day when we return back to the hotel, we reflect on the days events and spend time in devotion. During our evening discussion today, we talked about what it meant to “pay it forward”.  Each team member shared their hearts.

Don - Strength from our devotional time tonight. The Muslims were having their evening prayers while we started our prayers to God.

Sheri – Didn’t feel like I was paying it forward but doing what I was called to do.

Michael – the feeling I get from being invited in this journey and to do what is needed done.

Lois – While going through the supplies not only the caring and sharing I got while here but also the caring and sharing from those back home.

Rick – when reflecting on the message at Chapel today and looking at your present situation. Learning from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow.

Craig – not only these stories we hear, but the selfless sacrifice from the people.

Anne – Jesus gave his life so we could have eternal life.  We pay it forward to others so they can have eternal life.

Doug – The gift of loving and sharing passed on from generation to generation

Mary Jane – Teaching the kids at the building site to sing songs.

La Verne – Sharing my knowledge and life skills with others and seeing the joy and happiness from those served.

Sheryl – The love for the people here continues to bring me back “I leave my heart here”.  I enjoy leading teams here so they can experience the beauty and joy of Kenya people.

Marie – After my first visit to Kenya, seeing the blessing they bestowed upon me was more powerful than imagined.  It provides an overwhelming feeling to always pay it forward.



You can be encouraged to know that when you step out in faith and obedience to serve others, God sees the sacrifice and gift. He sees it and honors it. He honors you.



Luke 6:38 says “Give and it will be given to you.” Good measure, press down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap.  For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.



A line from the Covenant Prayer says, “I freely and fully surrender all things to your glory and service”.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting these updates, as I know you are all so busy and probably a little tired! God is delighting in your work there. I get so emotional just thinking about it. Praying for each of you, God Bless.

    love,
    Nicolle
    (Don and Anne's daughter)

    ReplyDelete